Under Oregon law, a Wage Garnishment can last up to a maximum of 90 days from when it is delivered. It will stop earlier than that if the debt is paid in full. Unfortunately, there is no restriction under Oregon law to stop a creditor from issuing a new Wage Garnishment once the first garnishment expires. In addition, the garnishment restriction rules generally do not apply to state or federal agencies. Wage Garnishment Frequently Asked Questions: How Long can an Oregon Wage Garnishment last? Can I be subject to more than one Oregon Wage Garnishment? Why wasn’t I notified of…
Why wasn’t I notified of this garnishment?
Under Oregon law, a creditor garnishing your wages must provide you a copy of the garnishment but not in advance of delivering the garnishment to your employer or payroll service. Usually a garnishment is hand delivered to an employer and then mailed to you. In other words, by the time you find out about an Oregon Wage Garnishment, it is generally too late to stop it. And if a friendly employer ignores an Oregon Wage Garnishment, the employer may be found liable to repay the creditor. Finally, the garnishment restriction rules generally do not apply to state or federal agencies – like a tax creditor or support enforcement.
Wage Garnishment Frequently Asked Questions:
- How Long can an Oregon Wage Garnishment last?
- Can I be subject to more than one Oregon Wage Garnishment?
- Why wasn’t I notified of this garnishment?
- Is there a difference between an Oregon Wage Garnishment and an Oregon Bank Garnishment?
- What can I do to stop an Oregon Wage Garnishment?
- What if the garnishment is improper?
- I’m being sued in Oregon, now what?!
- Dangers of setting up a Payment Plan
- How long do Oregon Judgment’s last?
Our Oregon Attorneys are here to help!
Stop Garnishment and Repossession! Contact Our Portland Bankruptcy Lawyers Today!
Filing Bankruptcy? Facing Debt Problems? Our Oregon Attorneys are here to help!
Copyright 2023 Michael D. O'Brien & Associates, P.C. - All Rights Reserved. Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions