Forms You Must File in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Portland OR
Are you considering filing for chapter 13 bankruptcy? Filing for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Forms in Portland, Oregon can be a complex process, but with the right guidance, it can help you regain control of your finances and get a fresh start. Knowing what these forms are and how to fill them out correctly is essential for ensuring your chapter 13 bankruptcy case is successful.
One of the most important aspects of filing for bankruptcy is ensuring that you file all official bankruptcy forms in a timely manner. There are a lot of different chapter 13 bankruptcy forms that you need to complete here in the state of Oregon and submit to begin the process.
With loads of forms and documentation involved, it is essential for a person considering filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy to seek guidance from a bankruptcy attorney. Our Oregon bankruptcy lawyers can provide debt relief through legal assistance and representation in filing bankruptcy. Call us today!
Why do I need a Chapter 13 bankruptcy Lawyer in Oregon?
One of the most important factors in a successful Chapter 13 bankruptcy case is having an experienced and knowledgeable attorney by your side. Our Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers at Michael D. O’Brien & Associates, P.C. possess the following qualities:
- Knowledge of the forms required for Chapter 13 bankruptcy: Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers at Michael D. O’Brien & Associates, P.C. have a thorough understanding of the local bankruptcy forms required and be able to guide you through the process of completing and filing them.
- Experience handling Chapter 13 cases: The Portland bankruptcy attorney of Michael D. O’Brien & Associates, P.C. have experience handling Chapter 13 cases and a deep understanding of the bankruptcy laws and regulations of Oregon bankruptcy court
- Ability to provide guidance on the best course of action: Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers at Michael D. O’Brien & Associates, P.C. can provide guidance on the best course of action for your specific situation, and be able to navigate the court system effectively on your behalf.
- Strong reputation: Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers at Michael D. O’Brien & Associates, P.C. have a strong community reputation and are known for providing quality service to their clients. We are proud to be a debt relief agency with 2 out of the only 3 nationally-certified consumer bankruptcy attorneys in Oregon. We help people get relief through bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy alternatives.
Hiring a Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer at Michael D. O’Brien & Associates, P.C. with these qualities can increase your chances of having a successful outcome in your case. Contact Our Portland Bankruptcy Lawyers Today!
What is Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
One type of debt restructuring is Chapter 13 bankruptcy which can help individuals who are struggling with debts they cannot pay back. It is available to individuals with a regular income, allowing them to repay all or part of their debts and credit loans over 3 to 5 years, depending on their situation. Chapter 13 bankruptcy also allows individuals to keep their property, as long as they are able to make their chapter 13 bankruptcy payments within the threshold of bankruptcy rule.
The chapter 13 bankruptcy process begins when you file a petition with the court. Then you must file all necessary chapter 13 bankruptcy forms, including your repayment plan and other documents that detail your financial situation. It is important to understand each chapter 13 bankruptcy form before submitting them to the court, as it can significantly impact the outcome of your chapter 13 bankruptcy case.
What are the reasons for filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is one option for individuals who are struggling with debt and are unable to repay their creditors. Some reasons why someone may choose to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy include:
- Protection from foreclosure: If you are behind on your mortgage payments and facing foreclosure, filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you catch up on missed payments and save your home.
- Protection from repossession: If you are behind on car payments and facing repossession, filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you catch up on missed payments and keep your car.
- Protection from wage garnishment: If your wages are being garnished to pay off debts, filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy can stop the garnishment and allow you to make manageable payments to your creditors.
- Consolidation of debt: Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to consolidate your debts into a single manageable payment plan. This can make it easier for you to keep track of your payments and make them on time.
- Ability to catch up on missed payments: If you have fallen behind on payments for unsecured debts like credit cards or medical bills, Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to catch up on missed payments over a period of 3-5 years.
- Reorganize priority debts: Chapter 13 allows you to prioritize certain types of debt, such as taxes or child support, and pay them off over the life of the plan.
How to Process Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a complex process, and you must understand the requirements before getting started. Generally, to qualify for chapter 13 bankruptcy, you must meet certain eligibility criteria.
- First, you must show that your debt payments are more than your monthly income. Your disposable income needs to be less than the median income of the state of Oregon in order to qualify based on bankruptcy law.
- Second, you will need to complete chapter 13 bankruptcy forms, including your repayment plan and other documents that detail your financial situation. Your chapter 13 bankruptcy form must include a list of all creditors, the amount and type of debt, a proposed chapter 13 payment plan, and additional details regarding your assets and liabilities
- Third, you will need to file the chapter 13 bankruptcy form with the court. The chapter 13 form must be filed with the local bankruptcy court and a filing fee is associated with it. When you have finished all of these steps, your chapter 13 case can proceed.
What are the Documents Required to File Chapter 13?
When filing for chapter 13 bankruptcy, you will submit several documents in your petition indicated on the bankruptcy code. These chapter 13 bankruptcy forms include:
■ Form 101—Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy
■ Form 101A—Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment Against You (not everyone has to file this)
■ Form 101B—Statement About Payment of an Eviction Judgment Against You (not everyone has to file this)
■ Form 106Dec—Declaration About an Individual Debtor’s Schedules
■ Form 106Sum—A Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information
■ Form 106A/B—Schedule A/B: Property
■ Form 106C—Schedule C: The Property You Claim as Exempt
■ Form 106D—Schedule D: Creditors Who Hold Claims Secured by Property
■ Form 106E/F—Schedule E/F: Creditors Who Have Unsecured Claims
■ Form 106G—Schedule G: Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases
■ Form 106H—Schedule H: Your Codebtors
■ Form 106I—Schedule I: Your Income
■ Form 106J—Schedule J: Your Expenses
■ Form 106J-2—Schedule J-2: Expenses for Separate Household of Debtor 2 (not everyone has to file this)
■ Form 107—Your Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy
■ Form 113—Chapter 13 Plan or local Chapter 13 plan form (covered in Ch. 8)
■ Form 121—Your Statement About Your Social Security Numbers
■ Form 122C-1—Chapter 13 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income and Calculation of Commitment Period
■ Form 122C-2—Chapter 13 Calculation of Your Disposable Income
■ Form 2030—Disclosure of Compensation of Attorney for Debtor
■ Mailing Matrix and required local forms, if any
Call Oregon Bankruptcy Lawyers Now!
Don’t let chapter 13 bankruptcy forms stop you from gaining financial freedom. At Michael D. O’Brien & Associates here in Portland, Bend, and Clackamas, Oregon, our experienced attorneys can help you with all chapter 13 bankruptcy forms, as well as provide comprehensive legal advice about the process and the best options for you to take in order to get out of debt quickly and effectively.
All of our clients are provided with personalized services tailored to their specific needs. With the help of our qualified chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney, you can understand chapter 13 and file all your chapter 13 bankruptcy forms correctly. Contact us for a free case evaluation today and start your journey to financial freedom.